Our Shower

Monday, September 18, 2006
Yesterday was our shower. It was so nice to see everybody there. We had about 50 people so it was just the right size. We recieved so many nice gifts and everyone was just so genuinely happy for us. It really was the right mix of people and the people who love us so much. I felt a lot of love in the room. Of coarse there were some people who love us a lot who could not be there and they were missed. But there has been some crap going on lately that made me question some peoples presence in my life. Those are the people that were not missed.
We just a have a few things to purchase now.. not too much. We will work on finishing the nursery before we worry about what else needs to be purchased. Right now Jake's room is full of gifts and there is very little room to move around the floor! It looks like a baby store. He is a very lucky boy to have so many people love him already.
We sure do have a lot of laundry to do this week. But it will be so cute to really look at the clothes again.
We have just 7 weeks till his due date! OMG I can not believe it. That is so amazing.
Last night as I was writing out the thank-you notes for all the lovely goodies we recieved, my right breast leaked milk! It was the weirdest thing. I could feel that my breast was wet and when I looked down I noticed that my nightgown was also wet. When I squeezed my nipple a little bit more liquid came out. It has not done it since and it was just that one breat so far but it was quite funny!
Our friends that we met on our cruise came for the shower. They live in Cincinnatti and they drove up on Friday night and spent the week-end with us. It was so nice to see them. I miss them now that they have left for home! They just had a little boy 7 months ago and let me tell you... He is the sweetest little guy ever. I fell in love with him. He is so pleasant and happy. I hope Jacob took notes while that little man was here. It was such a pleasure to be with him. And our floor looked so good with a baby sitting/laying on it. I loved seeing that. I can't wait till He and Jacob get to be at an age where they can really interact with one another. It is so amazing to be sharing parenthood with them. They suffered with fertility too so we never thought this would happen for us. It's just such a nice surprise that it happened to us both so close together. They truly are great friends to us. It's just too bad they live so far away!
posted by tammy at 9/18/2006 03:32:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Our Shower
Sounds like a good time! We have something to send to Jacob, so we need your addy :) I Meant to send it in time for your shower....but well...I'm lame....
and I chuckled right outloud when I read "our floor looked so good with a baby on it" hahaha....*chuckle*
Now you have all those little gifts and you are probably just picturing Jacob using/wearing everything :) I can't wait for you to get to meeeeeet him :)

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger