Week 27 ultrasound

Monday, August 14, 2006
We had our week 27 ultrasound and aside from the tech running 1.5 hours behind and the building's air conditioner being out of order it was an awesome experience. I will down load the pictures for you this week, but I have to get them scanned and on a disk before that happens. LOL.
Jacob is doing really well and is weighing in thus far at 2lbs 4oz. Right on target they say! His body is in great shape. We saw some really good shots of his penis so we are very sure he isgoing to be born, Jacob! While the tech, who by the way, was awesome and well worth the wait and the heat was taking the images he noticed that Jacob's bladder was full. So he went over to his penis and then turned some infra red heat sensor light on and a few seconds later Jacob pee'd and we got to watch it on the screen. The liquid turned red and blue and it looked just like fireworks coming out of his penis. It was the neates thing ever.
I saw Dr Mundle the next day and explained to him that I was still very tired and that working 4 hour days was not working well for neither me nor the girls in my department so he took me off full time. Thank God! So I am done from now till next year! And then I may not be going back either, depends if I am pregnant again or not or if I take in a child and provided child care for them. I really hope I do not have to return to work. But I am not going to worry about it right now I am just going to enjoy my pregnancy and then my new life with Jacob. Which I can not wait for.
Yesterday marked my 6 month mark and that means...holy shit, I only have 3 months left till my due date! This has gone by so fast. I can not believe it. My shower is just over a month away. I can remember when my mom booked it in April and me freaking out thinking what if something happens, then I have one more day to try to deal with not being able to celebrate. But alas God has spared us any bad things thus far so I count my lucky stars and thank him daily. We have been so very blessed.
Yesterday, Jacob was very active you could see him moving outside my body and my mom, Adam and my dad spent about 20 minutes watching the show. The baby was very funny and everytime one of them would tap on my belly he would respond by tapping back at them. It was quite comical! I love that he is so active. My mother said she did not start seeing my move until closer to 7.5 months. But keep in mind that at birth I was only 4lbs 11oz so as it stands right now Jacob is already half my birth weight. It was a lot of fun anyway.
I guess that's all my news right now. I will be taking some belly shots today.. I promise and I will get those ultrasound pictures up too.
posted by tammy at 8/14/2006 09:58:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Week 27 ultrasound
Cool watching the 'fireworks' come out of his pee pee :) hee hee
Can't wait to seeeeeeee pics!!!!!!

Ican't believe it has been 6 months already where has the time gone. You look great and I miss you. Hope to see you soon

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger