Sunday, July 16, 2006


I can not believe how amazing that was.
When I called to book the appointment the receptionist told me to drink something sweet like orange juice. So on our way to the place we ate at Denny's and I ordered an OJ. I drank some of it then took the rest with me.
When we got the place their machine was not working properly so they asked if we would mind going to have lunch then coming back in about an hour that they should have the issue solved by then. That was fine with us since the office is about 3 hours from our home we knew it was easier to wait then to re-book. So we walked across the street to Wal-Mart and just walked around for about 1/2 hour then we walked back accross the street and ate some of the most awesome french fries ever. There is this fast food joint in Ontario called Fast Eddies and they have these Crazy Fries so we ordered them in Dill Pickle. Yummy, they were great. So we ate those and by now it was time to head back.
When we returned the receptionist said the issue had been solved and that there was one other Mother to be in the room but that it would not be too long. She had us fill out some papers and we waited maybe 10 minutes. I may even be exagerating on that but I was excited to see Jacob so it seemed like 10 minutes! I am not complaining mind you, just stating.
The tech came out and said she was ready for us and off we went to view our son! Or so we still hoped! LOL. The room was a nice size with a bed for mother to lay down on and 3-4 chairs beside the bed. In front of the bed on the wall was this gigantic T.V. screen so we had such a great view of the baby. There was no mistaken what we saw! We had brought a C.D. for her to play while we watched and to also have those songs on the DVD copy of the experience. So she put the CD in and away she went. I think it might have been a combo of the OJ and the dill pickle fries but our son was so active she was having a hard time keeping up with him! He moving and shaking so much it was funny. As we could see him elbowing me, I could feel it at the same time. That was awesome to see. I feel him all the time and try to guess what parts he hitting me with but to actually see it was amazing. Because his gestational age is still quite young his facial features are not as developed so his face still looks very bony. It was still east to make out the imagaes though and he does have some funny habits already. We noticed that like his mother he seems to have a really long neck! In our wedding video you can see me on the alter stretching my neck upward over the crowd so I can see who is the "audience" my mother liked to tease me and call me giraffe neck. Well, there was this one point in the video where Jake was doing the same thing! We laughed so hard it was funny. Then he even hid his face from us for a little awhile and once he looked like he was trying to climb up and out of my uterus. It looked a bit like he was rock climbing. I think we are in for it once this child is born! I think he is going to be very strong willed and why should he not be he comes from two parents who are. It was still hard to tell what he will look like, but there was one shot of him that I looked at that I saw our little nephew's face in. That would be great since our nephew is the cutest little boy EVER born! He looks just like the Precious Moments Kids. So to have a little man that looks like him would be so great! We'll see. We are going back in September with my parents because we want to be able to see him at an old gestational age. Plus, it was so much fun this time, I can not wait to see what the little tyke is up to in another 9 weeks or so!
We were happy to see that he is still a Jacob! That was the first thing my mother asked when we called to tell her we were through! "He's still Jacob right?" She really thinks (based on how I am carrying) that I am having a girl! But, she is slowly coming around! Not that she is not happy having a grandson it's just in our family boys are very rare and have never been born first! Out of 13 babies born in our family on 3 have been boys! So the odds were not in favour of a boy! It's great though to add some variety to our lives! LOL.
posted by tammy at 7/16/2006 09:32:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for
Look at the sweet little man in your belly :)

The 3D ultrasounds are amazing. Simply amazing. :-)

That looks amazing, I can't believe how quickly this is going - seems like yesterday you told us all you were pregnant!

The 3D sonograms are great! Once our twins were born, we could totally see how they matched with their sonogram pictures. We called these pictures our little clabies because they looked like our babies made out of clay.

Congratulations!

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger