Weight Gain

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
I had my OB appointment yesterday... Week 32. All is well. Nothing new. Heartrate for Jake is great very steady. I told him I was having some cramping in my lower abdomen, but he didn't seem concerned. I gained 5 pounds! OMG. It's hard to see the scale going up that much in 2 weeks. I know that at this point it is going to go up faster but I almost had a heart attack! I know that 1 pound of that is probably baby, but 4 pounds of fat? I am at a gain of 19 pounds now. I was hoping to only gain 25 pounds total. I am going to get out and walk everyday now to try to keep the gain in check.
There are about 7 weeks left before our due date and with Jake gaining 1/2 pound a week now. I anticipate gaining another 5 pounds. That is what I am prepared for! Anything more than that I just might panic. LOL. Ok so I know I sound like an ass but I have come so far and don't want to jeopardize my success. I am happy that we became pregnant and that Jacob will be home to us in less than 2 months I never thought that would happen, but I want to be able to get to my healthy weight. The fact that Jacob is being born when the winter is starting makes it hard to go for walks, but my mom and I will be going to the mall a few times a week for exercise and I want to get a baby and mommy yoga tape so that I can work out with Jacob. Once the spring rolls around it will be great. But, again I do not want to rush my little man's life away.. He's not even here yet, and I want to enjoy every minute of his littleness. They grow so fast.
posted by tammy at 9/20/2006 11:26:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Weight Gain
Wow, I can't believe you're almost there! I know how you feel about gaining weight after how hard you've worked to lost it. It's hard to see the number go up, but you know what you're doing now and how to handle your weight. It really is just baby, and in the last few weeks you can gain alot of fluid, too. I think I gained three ponds in my last two weeks, which is basically impossible unless it's water weight. LOL I said ponds instead of pounds, and I'm leaving it like that b/c it's obviously a Freudian slip! In any case,hang in there, you're doing great! And Jake looks like he's happily dreaming in his "womb with a view".

P.S. Why aren't you listed on alittlepregnant.com anymore?

Deb,
I did check alittlepregnant and I am there. In the en route section. Thanks for letting me know though so I could check.
Thanks for your well wishes too.

Seriously tammy....I feel like..."can anything else possssssibly go wrong with this pregnancy" GOOD thing this is the only time I plan on doing this! My goodness!!!!!

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger