Painting

Wednesday, October 04, 2006
The painting in the nursery went well. We put the new colour on the wall the green/blue shade and it looked like shit with the what we thought was beige looked apricot next to the new colour. So we had to run out and buy new paint that matched the pillow. At first when we were putting the new beige on it looked like it was going to dry with an olive green hue. We were paniking. But then once we put the stencil up it started to change again. Now we think it looks great. I think that once we have the trim, the crib, and the rest of the bedding.. (Which by the way is on sale this month and we have to go to the states to buy it next week.)it will pull everything together. I can not wait to see it once it's complete. I moved a lot of things into his closet. But I still have a lot of laundry to do. We need to get the dresser and Adam's sister still has not sent us the gift card for it which means that we have to assume that we will be responsible for paying for the whole thing. Which also means that we have wait till after we buy the bedding to be able to afford the dresser. I am getting nervous that we are running out of time. I really hope Jake does not come early. I had a big talk with him last night about how important it is for him to not come early. LOL. I hope he took it to heart. Anyway Adam is working on the trim tomorrow and he has a long weekend this weekend since it is Thanksgiving.. so we may even have a crib in the room by the end of this weekend. I can not wait to see that.
We had another ultrasound on Monday. It went well. Jacob is growing fast and is estimated to weigh 5 pounds. He is a bit heavy but still doing well. I gained 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I have to keep reminding myself that it's ok. I am so hungry all the time lately. I know he will grow a lot in the last weeks so its normal. We have about 5.5 weeks left. I can not wait to meet him. I see the Dr again in 2 weeks. Then we have our last ultrasound on the 30th of October. Then it's just a wait and see from there.
On Sunday when my mom and I were working on the stencil I was having some Braxton Hicks contractions. It was the weirdest feeling. I can't say the hurt really just felt like a lot of pressure at the top of my uterus. They lasted about 40 minutes then went away. I am also getting these weird cramps at the tops of my legs. It's like the muscles are tensing up when I walk and it makes me feel like I might fall down. I have lost my balance a couple times when it happens but I have not fallen. I was having them at the same time as the Braxton Hicks and that was fun! I have also been having some fluid leakage but not a whole lot just enough to more than dampen my undies. Dr Mundle said we will just have to watch it that it does not get any worse. My cervix looked really good at the ultrasound so there was no concerns with that.
So really all is well I am just freaking out that we will not have everything done in time for Mr Magoo's birth. I am such a planner and my husband is a fly by the seat of his pants guy! So we clash a lot when things have to get done. I ussually end up having a melt down then he gets scared and does some work to shut me up! LOL.
posted by tammy at 10/04/2006 06:41:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Painting
*chuckle* you said undies! heehee

Can't wait for the room to be done...so you can be alllllll ready for the big event :)

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger