2nd trimester

Sunday, March 02, 2008
Everthing is better now that I have recovered from the 1st trimester exhaustion. I was so damn tired somedays I could not even get off the couch. I have had 3 b12 shots and I take 4 iron pills a day! But, I feeling so much more alive now. I am anxiuos to find out what I am carrying. I have to wait a little over a month now. I think I will be ok to wait for that. LOL. I think we will have another boy, but I really hope for a girl. Of coarse though I am just so thrilled to be pregnant again that it really does not matter either way. We are having a hard time finding a girl name this time. But for a boy we have settled on Andrew Joseph Russell. I will keep you posted on the girl situation.
Jacob has been talking a lot more lately. Not really legible words but jibber jabbering all the time. It is so cute. He has learned to say momma and says it non stop...somedays I want to change my name. LOL. But he is such a great boy. We are really lucky. He is super busy though and is always on the go. We have to watch him every second. He has a real funnybone and is very mischevious. I love it. He knows he is getting himself in trouble and just smiles at us as he does the thing he is not suppose to. It just makes us laugh. I love being his mother.
Anyway, nothing else is new. I see my OB next Monday. I think he will order the ultrasound that day for April. Let the countdown begin!
posted by tammy at 3/02/2008 07:41:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for 2nd trimester
I hear ya! I'm on IV Iron treatments 3 times per week plus my B12 shots, and I still can't really get off the sofa most days beyond going to the hospital for my treatments. We had our scan last month, and I'm due on September 8. Just a few days apart again, right? :-) I hope all continues to go well with you. I haven't been online much because of my health, plus the Venofer treatments make the veins in my arms ache to the point of typing being pretty rough. I'll continue to look for updates, though! :-)

Hi M,
Thanks for your comment. I was wondering what was happening. Congratulations on your due date. I am sorry you are feeling so horrible. I thought things were getting better for me too, but the tiredness has returned. I can not stand it. Yesterday I could not get off the couch same with Monday. I see my OB on Monday and I am going to talk to him about Venofer....can you, when you have a minute give me the details of the treatments you are taking. I want to have as much info for him when I go.
How are the girls doing? Getting big I am sure.
Take care,
T

The Venofer hasn't done a lot to help so far, but apparently it takes awhile to build up and improve things. To give you an idea (I'm not sure if your doc gives you your iron levels or just tells you they're low) my hemoglobin level was 8.5 at my first ob appointment (anything under 10 is severe anemia) and had dropped to 5 by the day I began my Venofer treatments. The treatments themselves are pretty simple - I go in 3 times a week to the Cancer Center and get an iv inserted in my hand, forearm or elbow area. They hang an iv bag of the Venofer and one of saline because the Venofer is pretty harsh and needs to be diluted. My drip takes around 45-60 minutes, and then they take out the iv and send me home. I tend to get a bit dizzy from the treatments, but it's not really any worse then the horrible effects of the anemia. Also, my arms/veins ache terribly, much like severe arthritis. My doc does a schedule of 10 treatments followed by a 10 day break. Let me know what's up with you. I'm always interested in different ways to treat this kind of thing. Did your doc do a pouch absorption test to see if your Iron is even absorbing? They assumed that mine was and kept giving me more and more pills per day, and then the Oncologist found recently that none was absorbing at all and put me on the iv form instead. Hopefully someday I'll be able to get an injection instead because it would be so much faster!

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger