Day Seven in Ova Donation Cycle

Sunday, November 27, 2005
We had to go to Scarborough today to have day seven ultrasound and blood work performed. Apparently, I have a small 2 cm cyst on my ovary but Dr Woo is not too concerned about it. I have 4 ovum on my right side and 2 on my left. I was a little disappointed with this number but Dr Woo seemed ok. He said that more may start to develop over the next few days. I hope so I want this couple to have as many eggs as possible so that they have a good chance of achieving a pregnancy. He was disappointed with the lab/ultrasound places here in Windsor because of the fact they take too long to get results faxed to them. He told me I have to come to Scarborough and stay starting Wednesday until the day of retrieval. I don't mind having to be there because I want this cycle to be successful. Luckily, Adam is still off work so he can come with me. I hope some more quality eggies start to grow.
I think we will be taking our money at the end of this cycle. The reason is that with IVF Canada doing off site monitoring is too difficult. With The Centre for Reproductive Care in Hamilton off site monitoring is performed through Dr Pattinson's office and he does the ultrasounds right at his office and knows how important it is to get those results to the clinic right away. As such the blood work is also performed right at his clinic and then can be sent STAT when needed. I love Dr Pattinson so it is a good trade off. As much as I like IVF Canada its just too difficult and to stay in Scarborough for 2 weeks is just not feasible. We will be visiting Hamilton in the New Year and I will have a list of questions to ask them about their procedure and their success rates. I am sure it is not much different than with IVF Canada. The only difference I can see is that at IVF Canada they use a twilight sedation during ova retrieval whereas in Hamilton they just freeze it. But for the sake of convenience and having a baby I can suck it up and take the pain. I am sure it can't be any worse than the HSG test I had two years ago. I will try to keep you posted as much as possible while we are away. I may have to wait till me get home though.
Please wish me luck and luck to the recipient couple. Lots of baby wishes for them.
posted by tammy at 11/27/2005 03:21:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Day Seven in Ova Donation Cycle

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger