Adoption

Wednesday, December 14, 2005
Friends of ours adopted a baby 9 years ago and gave the name of their licensee, we phoned her and through her we have found someone who will preform our home study. She will be sending us info on books she wants us to read and letters to our references. We need 7. Then we will make an appointment in the New Year to sit down with her for the first interview. The home study costs $1600 and she said that it normally takes around 3 months to complete. We will be going to an adoption class in April in Hamilton. I am looking very forward to that. It is a weekend retreat like setting and costs $400 including meals and accomodations. I didn't think that was so bad. Once the New Year gets here we will start focusing on adoption more and more. This is going to be our year. Maybe not to become parents yet but to at least have some progress. I know that this portion of our journey will have some bumps but I am ready for them because at least I know that there is more of a chance we will end up with a family this way. We are persuing domestic adoption because that is what we are both comfortable with. I know international adoption is a beautiful way for families to be built we just would like to stick closer to home and we really want a new born.
I have stablized with my weight loss. I am stuck at 192... Today is day 1 of aunt Flo so of coarse I am blaming her. LOL. We went to the gym Monday and we are going tonight.
My mom has her surgery tomorrow. I am both nervous and excited. Please wish her luck.
posted by tammy at 12/14/2005 06:03:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Adoption
Your mom is in my thoughts, sweetie. *hugs* Please let us know how it goes, okay?

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger