The Egg Retreival

Monday, December 05, 2005
I had my egg retreival on Saturday. It went well. I was so drugged I felt nothing at all. I remember the nurse putting my feet in the stirrups and then waking up in recovery. Nothing to it. The worst part was having the IV placed in my hand. When they put the sleepy drug in it burned like crazy. I was glad I was out like a light right after that. We came home right after. There was some cramping but nothing horrible. I took 1 tylenol 3 and that was it.
I had 5 eggs. I was hoping for 6 or more but hopefully they have luck with the 5 we retreived. The nurse told me that with the donor there is ussually good luck. I don't know if she just told me that to make me feel better but, it worked. Now the praying begins.
On Sunday we had the mass for our dead relatives. It was nice to all be together.
My mom got her surgery date... It will be on the 15th December. I hope this time she has good luck. I want her to have this surgery. I want my mother back.
I have plateaued with my weight. But I think that may have something to do with the drugs I was taking. I am sure it will start coming off again. I will be going to the gym this week again so that will help.
Nothing else is new.
posted by tammy at 12/05/2005 10:00:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for The Egg Retreival

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger