84 Down 32 To Go

Thursday, March 09, 2006
I am very excited to report I have 32 pounds left to loose and I will be at my goal. I have not weighed 167 since May 1997 so this is a huge deal for me. I am wearing jeans I wore in High School. They are my fave jeans because they are Levi's and I bought them with my own money so I have always been very proud of them. I could never bring myself to get rid of them. I also have this pair of shorts that my best friend's very gay brother told me once when I was wearing them... "You, in those shorts is enough to turn me straight." I nearly fell over when he said that because like I said he is VERY GAY. But none-the-less, I liked the compliment a lot. I will not fit into them by summer so I guess for now I will have to wear them around the house. Oh darn.
Last night I went over to my cousin's house, she had three formal dresses I could try on. I never imagined in my whole life I would be "shopping" in her closet. I had asked her if I could buy the dress she wore to our wedding from her. She said I could have it. So I went over and I knew I would have to get it altered because she has a tiny chest and I have monmouth boobs (much to my chagrin) but the waist and the hips were ok. She then had me try on this black long slinky spaghetti straps dress. It looked so nice on me. It gave me such a great shape, I could not believe I was looking at myself in the mirror. It comes with a jacket, but for me the jacket did nothing. It was too long and hid the awesome shape the dress created. I called the dress maker that made our bridesmaids dresses and she said she would make a little shrug with very shear long sleeves made with a georgette type fabric; I see her on the 23 of March. My mom is going to wear the dress from our wedding and the same dressmaker will be altering that for her too. My mom said that when Mrs. T (dressmaker's name) pinned her in it, it made the dress look even nicer. I can't wait to see her in it. She looked beautiful at my wedding so now with 55+ pounds gone.... VAVAVAVOOM!! She may even have more weight gone since the ball is in 1 month.
My cousin also gave two skirts... One jean and one Khaki type. They are both really nice, but too long so when I go to the dress maker I am going to ask her to shorten them for me. They are both size 13 and a bit big, bot oh well. LOL. The khaki type one I remember very clearly, I sold it to her when I was working for Mark's Work Wearhouse. I loved it so much on the rack, but could not fit into them so when she came into the store, I made her try it on because I wanted to see what it looked like. I told her she had to buy it so that I could live vicariously through her. And then added...if I even get smart enough to get this weight off, I'll steal it from you. Then I laughed histerically. That was over three years ago, just before my wedding. I never really thought that dream would come true, but here I am wearing that skirt!!!
posted by tammy at 3/09/2006 07:22:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for 84 Down 32 To Go

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger