Thanks Milenka

Saturday, March 25, 2006
My new blog design is compliments of my good internet friend Milenka. I love it. It looks so professional. So thanks a million, Milenka. I appreciate it.

I am very excited to have the ultrasound. Adam has an interview with Transit Windsor (bus driver) so he can not make it. I am disappointed he will not be there, but it is very important that he have that interview. I would love for him to get in with the city. Lots more money, great benefits, and a pension. I know money is not everything but if he gets that job it will mean that I will not have to return to work when my maternity leave is up. That would answer so many of both our prayers. I have always wanted to be a stay at home. I have great respect for woman who can juggle both. I just don't think I am that woman. Its not like I have a great career anyway. I make 11.50/hour answering phones in a call centre. If I were a teacher or a nurse...different story completely. It is very important to me to be able to give 150% to being a mother and I feel that if I had to work a "job" I would not be able to do that. So anyway, my mother will be coming with me. She is so excited to be there. I am so hoping we will hear the heart beat. I know it's early so we may not but at least we will see it. I am glad I get to share this with my mom. We are very close so it will be exciting.
Last night we went out to dinner and I had fish and chips. Oh man, I don't know if it was grease or pregnancy or both but, I was so sick after. Big mistake to eat it anyway after gastric bypass, but my mom has eaten it with no problems so I thought ok I'll try it. It will be a long time before I try that again.
We went to look at a house in Amherstburg that Adam was in love with. I am glad we went through it so that Adam could get it off his chest. It was an older home a side split much like the one I grew up in. It had a great back yard and a nice garage and was near to the schools. But the inside had so much tiling it was really not our taste. Tiling up the stairs to the bedroom, in the hall to the bedrooms, all along the kitchen walls and the bathroom walls then again going down the stairs and the whole family room was tile too. To us it felt really cold. We understood the practicalness of it but it's not what we would choose. It smelled kind of musty too but then again no one has lived in it since October. Anyway we have decided to just hang tight for now. Adam thinks we should stay in this house until I am pregnant with our second child.. God willing. Ideally we would like to be pregnant again before this baby is one...but we all know how life has a way of taking over plans so we'll just have to wait and see. Unless, that is, this baby has decided to bring the sister or brother in one trip...then we'll need a bigger house now. Ok, now I know I am really dreaming. But can't a girl dream?
posted by tammy at 3/25/2006 06:23:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Thanks Milenka
Love the new look for your journal. Good luck with the ultrasound :)

I love the new look, fantastic colours.

I wish Adam luck with the job interview... fingers crossed.

Remember when you're looking round houses that the internal stuff can all be changed, although don't take too much on while you're pregnant... I was stripping hall wallpaper when I was 8 weeks and it's really not clever!

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger