Sleep at night.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Well we have our nights and mixed up! LOL.
Yesterday we spent the afternoon and evening keeping a baby boy awake and feeling like the meanest mother in the whole world. But, it worked... Jacob slept 3.5 hours in a row the first stretch, woke up and ate then slept another 4 hour stretch. It was great. It had been about 2 nights since he had done that. I will have to do that again tonight and hope that after tonight it corrects itself. He is such a pleasant little man though. Even when he was so tired in the second half of the stay awake phase. He barely cried and still smiled and cooed at me. I love this child so much.
The shopping trip to the states went well. He was so good and patient with us. We had a blast. My mom and I are so good together. I treasure all our moments.
We took Jake on his first trip to Hooters on Saturday. He slept through the whole meal. He was so good.
Sunday we had our annual Chanukah dinner with my father's family. It was so great. We had such a nice time. Everyone was so happy to see Jacob again. He was smiling at my cousin. It was the sweetest thing ever. My aunt is so very smitten with him. She says she can't stop thinking about him and she misses him. It is so sweet.
Tonight Jake and I are sleeping over at my parents house because tomorrow is my mom's 1 year check up for her gastric bypass and all the people at Barix want to meet Jacob so we are going back to the states tomorrow.
Right now my son is sleeping on his Boppy pillow on my lap as I type. He is so peaceful. I don't want to move him, but I think I will because he gets a better sleep in his crib. I think I will hop back in bed so that I am rested for tonight. With the operation stay awake, Jake!
Yesterday in our efforts to keep him awake we set up his Leap Frog activity centre. He really enjoyed it and it took up about 20 minutes of time. It plays him classical music and flashes lights at him. He was pretty intent on it. He looked so cute.
I wrapped some Christmas presents yesterday too. While holding Jake in my arms. It's amazing what I have learned to do with one hand!
We got some more shopping done on Saturday we still have a few more gifts to buy. We have to get our nephew and our brother in law finished this week-end since we have to ship it to Manitoulin Island.
On Sunday we have to go to Toronto to see our laywer. Apparently he has this new hot shot lawyer that he wants to bring to our case and he wants us to meet him. Plus with the new development of Jacob we have to go over the other aspects of the case to make them stronger. Since we can't really use the fact that we can't have children now. Which is ok, becuase I would much rather have Jacob then a million dollars anyway. But, we just have to change our focus now and focus on Adam's impotence issues and the fact the he is missing a testicle. We still have a case based on that. The lawyer wants us to bring Jake but I know that if we bring him he will sleep all the way there and all the way home and then we'll be back to square one with his days and nights mixed up so I think we will leave him with my parents. That way we will not have to worry. Plus, my mom has said that they will keep him over night on the Saturday so we can get a good nights sleep. We have to get up at 6am in order to get to Toronto in time for the 11am meeting.
Anyway, there is nothing else happening. I am more in love with my son now than I was yesterday! Did not think that was possible but everyday it happens.
posted by tammy at 12/13/2006 09:33:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Sleep at night.
Hi Tammy! Long time no see...hope your holidays were happy! We want more Jake pictures!! Nothing cuter than a baby surrounded by gift wrap ;)

I seem to have missed something with the lawyer?? Want to point me to the proper point in your archives so that you don't have to explain?

I was going to ask the same thing about the lawyear business.....I think I've missed something too....

And we want more pictures :)

Hi, thanks for linking to me!

I hope you guys had a great first christmas together!!

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger