Week 38 Check Up

Monday, October 30, 2006
It went well.. Jake is about 7lbs 1oz at this point. His head is about 9cm and all looks good with my fluids. Dr M specualtes we should start seeing things happen within 7-10 days. Wow, that's pretty exciting.
Last night we were timing some contractions at about 230 in the morning. They were about 4-5 minutes apart and lasted 40 seconds. It went on like that for about an hour then I finally fell asleep and they ended. Dr M said that's normal and that we'll start experiencing more of that in the next little while and then one time.. they just won't stop! LOL. I was not in a lot of pain, just discomfort and pressure. Some shooting pains were running down my legs which was the most unpleasant part and it took my breath away. I had to to remind myself to breath and relax because I was tensing up somewhat. I was scared though Adam was giddy as a school girl thinking it was time. I was not scared before last night now I am a little nervous about the labour. I hope I have good luck like my mom with me... 3 hours! God willing.
I tested positive for Strep B...IV for me at Labour. I gained nothing so I am still up only 20 pounds and Jakey's heart rate was 140!
Can't wait for Friday...we go for our Maternity pictures. That will be fun.
posted by tammy at 10/30/2006 10:40:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Week 38 Check Up
It's all so exciting! I can just see your hubby all giddy! Congrats on doing so well with the weight gain for the whole pregnancy!! When do you get tested for the strep B....
Hopefully Jake will wait until Saturday to make his appearance so you can get your maternity shots done.....

I had the test performed at 36 weeks.
Tammy

And did you have an appt. this find day young lady? Or do I have to sit here and wonder if you're having a baby at this very moment????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Is everyone else sweating like me, waiting to see if Jake is here yet? Hang in there Tammy, the last couple weeks are hard but you're almost there! I fond that spending LOTS of time in the bathtub felt great on my poor tired back.

Hey, how about a guest post from Adam?

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger