12 Weeks

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Hi everyone. No we have not fallen off the face of the earth. We have the slowest internet connection on the planet and it takes too long for me to do anything so I ussually just don't.
We had Jacob's christening and he was so good. We had 24 people back to our house after and he was so sweet. He did not seem to mind all those people around him.
He had his fisrt cold, but it was not bad at all. He had the sniffles and the sneezes and it is almost gone now! He was still as pleasant as ever though, it really did not seem to bother him too much. He did not get a fever so that was good.
He is now sleeping through the night at least 8 hours stretches. It is so great. He very rarely sleeps during the day...just little cat naps here and there. He has found his hands and seems to have either is fist or his index finger in his mouth. He now weighs 12 pounds 13 ounces and has doubled his birth weight. His thighs have the most cute ruffles he is filling out so nicely. He is in most of his 3 months stuff but it is still a bit big on him. His 0-3months stuff fits in the body but the length is short..he is 24 inches long now!
I have been having a hard time with my moods. I yell at Adam a lot... I know he probably deserves it.. LOL. and I have been weepy. I worry about everything. Jake, money, my cat, my parents...so today my doctor gave me some meds to help! I hope they take effect soon. I don't think Adam nor I can go on much longer. I am so in love with my son. I am happy about being his mom and he is not a hard baby to take care of I just feel overwhlemed sometimes. But these feelings are worth it though. I love being a mom. Especially Jake's mom. My period has not resumed yet...12 weeks and still no sign. I have not nursed him since week 1. I know some of you are thinking...No period? Are you bitching our bragging? And if I did not want to try again so soon for number 2 I would be very happy about it but nit having a period is not conducive to getting pregnant. LOL. So I sit and wait.
We have run out of room in our house so we have an agent coming in Saturday to discuss listing it. I would like to be out by summer. Wish us luck!
My God-daughter is being baptized on Sunday. I picked up her gift today. I bought her a gold cross necklace, a bonnet that she wears on her christening day and then when she gets married she uses it as a hanky, and outfit and a time capsule keepsake. I am so honoured to her Godmother. She is my first God Child and probably my only since most of my friends are through having children. I love being her Godmother she is so sweet. I am excited about Sunday.
So that's it for the update.
Here is a picture of my boy..enjoy
posted by tammy at 1/30/2007 05:41:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for 12 Weeks
Oh Tammy, what a great picture! Don't tell Adam but Jake is your mini-me! At least in that picture he is. LOL on his little leg "ruffles"! Give them a squoosh for me, Sephie never had any, mutant pixie baby that she is!

You look wonderful! It looks like you've lost more weight, too. Your hair is so long now! Just wait, in another month you'll be tying it back or Jake will be swinging from it!

Don't worry about the moodiness, it is common and the meds will help. I've been there! If the side effects bother you (I'm assuming the meds are anti-depressants of some sort, and they can make you feel a bit strange at first), you can try taking them at night before bed. Mine made me feel sick in the beginning but then I slept right through it.

It's all about adjusting to life with a baby, too. It gets more fun from here on it...the first three months you don't get as much feedback from the baby, but after what Dr. Karp calls the "fourth trimester" (at least, we found him to be spot-on), they get to be a lot more interactive. Hang in there!

btw it was nice to hear from you! Mind if I link to your blog from mine?

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger