The Law suit

Thursday, January 04, 2007


Ok so to answer some commenters questions in regards to our pending law suit...
6 weeks after Adam and I were married he had an outpatient surgery to repair a stricture (narrowing) in his urethra. It went very very bad and he was in ICU for 2 nights,nearly died,lost function of his kidneys, was on dialysis for 3 weeks, lost a testicle was rendered impotent and infertile. We are suing the doctor. The function in his kidneys has returned and his infertility has seemed to reversed (IE Jake) but the impotence is still there and he needs to use a vacuum pump to obtain/maintain an erection. (Great fun!) So in the next year or so the suit should be coming to completion and we should have some resolution.
Our Christmas was very nice. It was fun and I can only imagine how much more fun it will be as the years progress. Our 2.5 year old niece was a scream. She really started to understand the whole Santa thing and was so funny! Jacob slept through most of the day but he was so cute anyway.
We seem to be back on track with our nights and days. Thank goodness and he is almost sleeping through his middle of the night feeding. He goes about 2 hours past. So I am getting almost 5 hours of sleep in a row at night. It is great. He is so damn cute and smiling a lot now. His gas has gone down a lot since we changed to Playtex nursers. He has bouts a few times a week instead of eveyday so it's better for him.
He was weighed at the doctor's last week and is up to 9lbs 13 ounces. Oink oink. He has grown out of his newborn clothes and it was sad for me when I packed them away. But the new 0-3 months stuff is so cute so I will be ok! LOL.
I made it 7.5 weeks without him peeing on me..and Tuesday he did it twice! Monkey.
Adam was given a new shift at work so on the 15 of January he will be working 9am-7pm! Yeah a day shift. I am very happy about that. It is a few less hours a week which means a little less money but it will be so good to have him home more.
I am taking Jake to have his pictures taken tomorrow in his Christening Romper. I tried it on him the other day and it looks so cute on him. His Christening is on the 21st of January. Adam will be being baptized that day too.
I am having a hard time staying on track with my eating. Because of the feeding schedules it seems that I am just grabbing snacks. And not very healthy snacks either...like chips and pop! I have not losed any weight in about 2 weeks. I have to buy some healthy snacks this week so that I can get back on track. I only have 23 pounds to go. We have started walking a bit more too. The weather here has been good so it's great to get out. I am taking Jake to a Mommy and Me swim on Friday so that will be fun. And my cousin bought me a Mommy and Me Yoga for Christmas so I can not wait to start that.
Anyway that is all that is new. I hope you enjoy the pictures of our little man.
posted by tammy at 1/04/2007 10:15:00 AM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for The Law suit

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger