What's Happening

Friday, April 04, 2008
I am feeling better and have been for about 2 weeks now. The iron and the B12 have finally kicked in. I am taking the B12 once a week now and still 4 iron pills a day. But, I feel a lot more alive now than I have in a long time. Thankfully. Last week Jacob and I made sure to be busy everyday, but still made it home for our naps eachday but Friday. It was a busy week, but a good one. This week was a bit more lazy and I felt more tired. I think I am going to start planning stuff to do so I have more energy. The weather has started getting warmer which is also helping. This week, Jake and I went for a couple walks in the wagon, which he loves so much. He has learned a few new signs in the past little while and is now signing bath, cookie, all done, baby and milk. It is so cute to see him sign because his little hands are so chubby. I just want to kiss them when I see him sign. Which I very often do. His ears seemed to be bothering him so I took him to the pediatrian but his ears were clear. His throat was a little red but the doctor thinks it's just a virus so said we really can't treat that. He mentioned that because Jacob's molars have started to come in his ears could be bothered by that. Jake also has this funny rash on his body and face so I asked the dr to take a look at that too. He said the rash on his body is just from being a little over heated and that his sweat glands are swollen...he said with the warm weather coming up we will probably see more of it because of Jake's sensitive skin...but the one on his face is caused by some sort of irritant coming in contact with his face... he said maybe he's being kissed too much! I said. oh no not this baby..why would we want to kiss him. LOL. He thought maybe I was wearing a lip gloss that might be an irritant. But said also it could be from drool when he eats etc. He suggested washing his face more often and being sure to dry it well. I really love Jake's dr he is so great with us and with Jake.
The pregnancy is going well. This week I felt a couple of good thumps from inside. I love that feeling. I can not wait to start feeling them more frequently and more definate. I moved up the ultrasound because I can't stand not knowing anymore. I pray we do not have a modest baby. So we now go on April 14th. 9 days from now and even that wait is killing me. Adam is sure that we are having a girl...I am sure a boy! So it's been fun with our little war going on. Everytime either of us dream about the baby it's a girl...but I still feel boy. We still can not agree on a girl's name so watch it will probably be a girl just so that we can spend the next 5 months arguing about that. A boy would be too easy! LOL.
Our nephew, who was born at 33 weeks gestation, is doing really well. He came home at 3 weeks old and was 4 pounds 1 oz at birth and is now 5 weeks old and weighs 6 pounds 9 oz! What a kid. He is eating really well and sleeping well too. My sil says she is tired but she is so happy with the baby's progress. We are so happy for her and her family. This little miracle was a long time coming and they deserve tons of happiness. Their older son is doing great with the new baby, as we all knew he would. He is such a great kid. We are going to see them in May. It seems so far away. But they live so far away and in May the ferry to get to them starts running and it cuts off 4 hours of driving. So we are waiting for then to take the trip. Plus, Adam will have a weeks vacation in May so we can spend a little bit longer and not have to rush back over a week-end. It will be nice to see them and to meet the baby.
I will stay posted on the results of the ultrasound.. Please keep unmodest baby thoughts for us please!
posted by tammy at 4/04/2008 10:01:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for What's Happening
So glad you're feeling better! I wish I could say the same, but thankfully pregnancy isn't a forever kind of deal and is worth it in the end. :-)

Good luck on the scan! I won't even know until 4/22 when my scan is schedule for because my ob won't allow me to schedule them ahead of time, so I have to wait until my 4/22 ob appointment and then another week or more until they have an open spot available! So not fair to make me wait so long when we had an 18 week scan with the girls!

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger