Children's Aid Society

Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Last May Adam and I submitted paperwork to CAS for adoption. We have been waiting and waiting for them to call us about a training session that was to take place. We received the call today. It starts next Tuesday. What to do? The maternal instincts in my say go, take the training. It can only help and the more the merrier. Plus, who knows if we will ever be able to have another miracle on own. I feel like I want to keep my options open. Of coarse, Adam will think differently than I. He will say we are pregnant we don't need to adopt now. But too me its less about needing to and more about wanting to. I want to give a child home. I want to mother a child and nuture a child that had a less than optimal start in life. It may take years before CAS offers us a child anyway so what harm will it be to take the coarse? Then I think: what if there is a childless couple out there next on the list that should take our place. Am I being greedy if I accept to take the training because we have been granted a miracle of our own biology? I don't know. I just know that for almost a year I have waited with baited breath for this invite and I really don't want to turn it down. Now its just to convince Adam he feels the same way. Wish me luck!
My father predicted this would happen. He said everything for you will come all at once. You watch. Man I hate it when my parents are right! LOL.
posted by tammy at 4/18/2006 05:23:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Children's Aid Society
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger