Cordially Uninvited

Monday, April 24, 2006
I forgot when we started to talk about adoption with CAS that they had said when adopting you have to be 100% commited to adopting at the time. You can not be working on fertility treatment options at the same time or preoccupied with something else like a pregnancy.
Today the case worker called to congratulate us on our pregnancy and to let us know we would be welcome to come to the classes once our baby is born and we have settled into life as new parents. This is because they don't want our child or an adopted child to be disrupted by a life changing event when one is already happening within the household. I totally understand and am not at all upset. It just was not meant to be at this time.
Adam said yesterday that he is more interested in Fostering anyway, so maybe that is the path we will be lead to take. Either way, I am finally happy with the direction my life is taking. I am exaclty where I should be and loving it. Everything else is just gravy!
Also a big double congrats goes out to my friend Milenka who just had her first ultrasound and is having TWINS!!! Yeah for you Milenka. There were to heart beats so all is looking well. I am so happy for her! Please pray for her and little bundles of love.
posted by tammy at 4/24/2006 01:22:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Cordially Uninvited
Awww, *hugs*. If your path leads you to adoption or fostering in the future, then I'm sure you guys will excel. :-)

It makes sense for the rstrictions. Some of the CAS kids are very heavy duty. I've taught quite a few kids that have been taken into CAS custody. You have to be really focused on them.

Perhaps later on it will be something that will work for you.

Good luck
Dawn

Yes, I know what you mean Dawn. It will be a huge under taking. I want to be able to give 100% to all children in our care regardless of biology! I am a firm believer of what is meant to be will be. So we take one day at a time and see where that takes us.
Thanks for your comment.
Tammy

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger