Wednesday, May 10, 2006
I spoke to a midwife today. It did not go well. She feels I am too much of a risk to have a home birth and that I am in the best place I could be with Dr Mundle. I told her that I had no doubts about the pre natal care Dr Mundle could offer me however I am concerned about when I go into labour and end up in the hospital and he is not on call and some asshole comes strolling through the door a hospital situation is not what I am comfortable with. She said well you could go through your prenatnal care with Dr Mundle than call us you know when your in the last part of your pregnancy and we can see if we have an opening. I said you're missing my point, I would like to build a relationship/rapport with the person who will bringing my child into the world and if I am coming to you at the end it kind of defeats my purpose. I asked her why she could not monitor me as closely as say Dr Mundle could and she explained that it is because she has limits. For example I will need a level 2 ultrasound and she can not order those. She was reallt sweet, I really can not say anything bad about her. Honestly, I admire her for her honesty and she seemed to really care about my well being and that of our baby. She did suggest to me to talk to Dr Mundle about my fears about not having him be avaiable to deliver my baby and she said I have seen Dr Mundle do it for other women..he is kind of a push over that way! That made me laugh and I know he has offered that to others because he did do that for my cousin. I think I will have use my feminine wiles on him on Monday. She also suggested that I be seeing a dietician and I do agree with her so I will ask Dr Mundle for a refferal when I see him. I was a little upset when I got off the phone with her because I felt like I really don't have a choice in this but then I realized that's true I don't This is not about me really it's about our baby and what is best for him/her and if being closely monitored by a high risk OB is best for baby than that is what I choose, hands down. If the midwife is not equipped to handle our special needs than I want the one who is equipped. I know that by far that person is Dr Mundle. I will talk to him about this though and see where he stands with it.
I took a sick day today because I have been so tired, it does not matter how mcuh sleep I get I am just tired. Plus, I have been getting a headache everyday lately and I had a lot of gas that was making me very uncomfortable and I have been very dizzy and lightheaded. Not to mention that I hate going to work lately. I wish I could go off on Mat leave now. LOL. I think I am a little dehydrated. I have a hard time getting all my liquids in each day. Being a gastric bypass patient I can not drink about 20 minutes prior to a meal and I have to wait 30 minutes after a meal befor resuming drinks. So it's difficult because I have to eat 6 small meals a day. Since becoming pregnant I also feel hungry ALL the time so I feel like I am eating all the time. I maybe get in 5-6 8 ounce glasses of liquids. I know I need to get those extra 2-3. I am going to talk to Dr Mindle about that too. In Ypsilanti that told me I may have to put in the hospital a few times to get IV fluids. I would like to not have that happen but again whatever is best for baby.
My best friend found out yesterday she is having a girl!! Yeah! I will be God Mother to a little girl! I am thrilled. Of coarse I would have been equally thrilled to be God Mother to a boy. I told Adam now I really hope we have a girl too how sweet will they be together? But then when I thought about it I thought I bet that means we will have a boy. We are so surrounded by little girls that I am sure it's our turn to bring a boy into the mix! Not that I mind either way. Plus, then I said to Adam.. she is planning on calling the baby Olivia so let's see Oliva Noble ooh that sounds nice... Mr and Mrs Jacob and Olivia Noble!! If we have a boy we'll just prearrange thier marriage! LOL. Too cute. I am 13.5 weeks now so we should be able to find out in another 5 weeks or so! I can not wait to know what we will be having... I am excited to decorate the nursery and know for sure what his/her name will be!
posted by tammy at 5/10/2006 06:34:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for
yay....I'm so glad you're finding out what you're having! That's our plan as well....hello....that way you can decorate and accesorize appropriately (sorry if those are horribly mispelled)
You NEED to know if it's trains and cars...or flowers and lace.....hola!
Do you guys have names on the table yet?
I can't get my man to discuss names yet......it's like he thinks we have allll the time in the world to decide that....we've had a boy name for years...we decided that the night before our wedding for some odd reason...and it's just always stuck....it's the girls name we can not talk about.....I think it's because he thinks there is no point since he has 'super sperm' and will make a boy baby......men

Sorry you were disapponted with what the midwife had to say. In the end, a birth os almost like your wedding...you plan and plan what you want, and then it goes by in this incredible whirlwind and you remember it kind of fuzzily afterwards. I think schmoozing with Dr. Mundle is a good way to go...and maybe you could get to know the other doctors in his practice, too? If Dr. Mundle weren't available to "catch", one of them would probably deliver the baby,and it is nice to meet someone face to face before you have to greet them with your legs apart! (I speak from experience...next time I'm bringing a truckload of chocolate-chip cookies to the office and making friends with EVERYONE first!)

I know I haven't posted my birth story yet - I'm working on it between feeds and naps honest!

But it didn't go the way I'd planned at all. I desperately didn't want to go to our local hospital. I'd gone for the midwife led unit for a water birth. However after 5 hours pushing I was in an ambulance and ended up having a forceps delivery with an epidural at the hospital. I think the most important thing is the baby though, once it's here everything else is pretty unimportant... of course at 13 weeks pregnant you probably feel very differently - and rightly so.

Do everything you can to work towards the birth you want. But remember the most important thing is a healthy baby. They make you forget everything else anyway!

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger