5 months post op

Wednesday, January 25, 2006
I am down about 5 pounds this month. I have been having a hard time staying on track with work outs and such. I just joined (and paid 130) a water training class at my gym. It is a 6 week, 12 session class that focuses on cardio and toning. The instructor, who I have known most of my life is a tyrant (and I say that with the utmost love and adoration) so I know it will be a great workout. She will kick my ass and I will love her for it. I have to remember to take my measurements before I start, just in case I build muscle and don't loose weight right away I can tell my progress from that. I am looking very forward to it. I need to get back on track. My new years resolutions have gone to the wayside I drank some pop and ate some junk but, I am trying to not do it everyday. I am still working hard at not biting my nails and doing ok. I just find they break because they are so weak. I have really not been biting them at all. I even have some free edge on most of them.
Adam and I have decided to hault the adoption process for now. We have access to a program at our fertility clinic that will allow us to (hopefully) achieve a pregnancy. It is a Donor Frozen Embryo Program: A program whereby couples donate their frozen embryos to anonymous recipient couples, usually after the donating couple have achieved pregnancy(ies) and completed their family. So the child will not be related to us biologically but, it is a lot easier, costs less, has no scrutiny or red tape and we get to experience a pregnancy and birth together. I will be speaking the doctor at our clinic then we have to fill out some forms. We have to go on a waiting list (much like we would with adoption) and no one knows how long we will wait but at least we know we have a chance of parenthood.
So that is what is new with us.
posted by tammy at 1/25/2006 02:19:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for 5 months post op

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger