Step One

Monday, January 09, 2006
We will be going on the 12th to have our finger prints taken and to start the local police clearance. The books we need to read before our first meeting will be in on Wednesday and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the library had all three of the books we needed. The police station was also very co-operative. I know there may be some hiccups along the way but, so far there are less road blocks with this then when we were facing our fertility treatments.
I have been thinking about when would be appropriate to start setting up our nursery. I am afraid to so too soon because walking by it may be just a little to painful. I just don't want to be running around like a chicken with my haed caught off at the last moment. I know we have a great support system so if we needed help all our family and friends would rally for us. I am just hopefully excited to get to that stage. I had a chat with my mom last night about the shower... Because of the 30 days the birth parents have to change their minds I would not want to have a baby shower until after that point. She totally agreed with me and said the would be afraid to even look at the baby for that 30 days because she would not want to fall in love with him/her (which would inevitably happen) to only have her heart broken in the end. I told her the instances of that happening are low.
Anyway things are starting to come together.
posted by tammy at 1/09/2006 01:22:00 PM | Permalink |

[ back home ]

Comments for Step One

The Author

The life and times of a mother, her ever adorable sons and the crazy antics of her husband.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Amherstburg, Ontario, Canada

I am a thirty something married, mother of two boys, a three year old and a one year old. I knew I would love motherhood, but I never expected to love it as much as I do. I am a SAHM and love being able to raise my sons. It is trying somedays but we are making it by keeping our sense of humour!

Links

Credits

Graphic & template manipulation :
Milenka
Original template copyright :
V4NY ONLY TEMPLATES
Powered by :
Powered by 

Blogger